Wednesday 20 June 2007

Steven & Anthony, twins.

OK this is us. We're twelve and we're twins.
And we're not crazy.
But you'll think we are. That can't be helped.
Thing is you see... We woke up one day last summer to find... Oh you really are gonna think we're crazy but...
Just do us one favour ok? Hear us out. To the end. However crazy it sounds.
Never mind, I guess I just worked out that those of you who do read to the end will be the right ones. The ones we need. To help us save the world.
So we're getting right to it right now: faeries exist. Yep, we did say that, we're twelve and we like football and PS2 and WWE (sometimes) and fast cars. We're normal kids. We're poor and our dad's a drunk and our mum's a depressive but apart from that we're normal kids. And most definitely not crazy.
So why are we telling you faeries exist? Because they do. Because that's what, one morning last summer, we awoke to find screeching at us from our alarm clock.
But why are we telling YOU? Why not keep it a secret and avoid the sniggers and sneers maybe even the straight jackets?
Because we want you to know, we need you to know, YOU need to know.
Why do you need to know? Because it's cool having faeries in the world, because everything has a spirit and those spirits need freeing. The young faeries need our help. They are trapped underground and told we don't exist. Many of them have never seen the sun, or the sky, or the sea. And they can help us. To save the world. From Global Warming and all that.
They'll mess up your lives, but no more than they're already gonna be probably. And they'll add a sparkle to them too. They'll make you see everything fresh and wonder at it.
So help us now. Get in touch and help a faerie learn to read. They are surrounded by secrets written in front of their very eyes but they don't even know these squiggles are words.
JOIN THE TEACH A FAERIE TO READ CAMPAIGN NOW!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard enough teaching kids to read! I bet faeries NEVER sit still! I like the saving the world idea, but you'll have to convince me a bit more if you want me to try to teach faeries to read. Do you think they could teach us something faery-like in exchange???

Anonymous said...

Hey! My name's Amy and I'll be twelve next month. Nothing exciting ever happens round where I live and my school's really boring too. I like reading though, and I've always wanted to have an adventure so you can count me in!...That is, if you don't mind being friends with a girl! (o;

Anonymous said...

Almas Blogged:
Well this is the first time I have "blogged" but I had to write something because I love the twins already!!!
After the book, will there be an audio version?...because I would like to have the very first copy!